Web Deploy package (FileVista-vX.X.X.X-WebDeploy.zip
) can be used either for
Automated installation via Web Deploy:
- Automated installation on a dedicated server with IIS 7.0 (minimum) and IIS extension Web Deploy
- or Manual installation on a shared hosting
Manual installation on a shared hosting:
- Download and install Microsoft's Web Deploy extension for IIS if it's not already installed.
- Open IIS Manager and select and right-click on a web site that you will install FileVista to and select Deploy -> Import Application from the context menu.
- Import Application Package wizard will be displayed. Browse FileVista-vX.X.X.X-WebDeploy.zip that you have downloaded and complete the wizard. Configurations like creating an IIS application and setting permissions will be done automatically.
- Extract the "FileVista" subfolder from the zip package.
- Copy this subfolder to the target web server (e.g. via FTP).
- Create an IIS Application for this folder in IIS manager (if you have access to) or in your hosting control panel.
If you don't have this option, request your hosting company/server administrator to do this for you.
Please make sure you choose an ASP.NET 4.0 application pool (integrated mode) for FileVista.
After the installation is complete, you can run the application via navigating to your server’s URL + installed FileVista folder name (e.g. http://localhost/FileVista or http://www.MyWebSite.com/FileVista) in your browser. You will be greeted by the Configuration Wizard (configuration.aspx). This wizard will help you configure the application for first run by guiding you through the steps like choosing a database type and setting administrator name and password. The wizard will also show you information on possible problems such as lack of permissions and it will suggest instructions to solve them. After you finish the wizard successfully, you will be able to log into the application with the administrator credentials.
If you cannot even start the Configuration Wizard then there is a problem with your installation such as wrong ASP.NET version. Please make sure that ASP.NET 4.0 is installed and it’s the active version for the installed FileVista folder.