EML to MSG conversion problem
Problem reported by Tom Boser - November 28, 2018 at 7:16 AM
Resolved
We found to small problems with the EML to MSG conversion.
 
The first is the date isn't correct always correct in the MSG that can be found in the EML. When I open the MSG in outlook, it will show the date of conversion instead of the date the EML was received. I don't see this bug on EML files where it's an email that was generated by within the MS Exchange, however if the EML is received from an outside system and received in Exchange, those EML files that get converted have the data problem.
 
The second problem relates to EML files that came from Outlook that were generated using MS Word as the outlook editor.  When those EML's are converted to MSG and that MSG opened in Outlook, it appears that everything is there however if one selected to Forward that email, the body from the original EML is lost.  I found that if I wrap the body of the original EML in an rtf like this ---->"{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252\\fromhtml1 " + rtfEscaped + "}"; <---- the problem goes away but I really need this behavior in the Gleamtech tool. 
 
I hope that we can see these updates as the Gleamtech conversion is very fast and works well and converting to PDF is spot on.
 
Thank you
Tom Boser

2 Replies

Reply to Thread
0
Cem Alacayir Replied
Employee Post
FYI, first issue is now fixed in Version 4.4.5 - December 12, 2018:
 
  • Fixed: When converting from EML to MSG, the original date was not preserved and the conversion time was displayed in Outlook.

For the second issue, you may give v4.4.5 a try to see if it fixes that. If not please send me a sample file to replicate the problem.
0
Tom Boser Replied
Thank you. I will give it a try and if I see anything; I will post back.
Tom Boser

Reply to Thread